It’s no secret that summer in Scottsdale is sizzling. While it’s possible for temps to rise into the triple digits, that doesn’t mean the city slows down. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. It’s a dry heat, as they say, and it doesn’t keep locals from enjoying the very best of what Scottsdale has to offer year round. The key is to keep cool, and there’s no shortage of indoor activities to experience during the day before the desert temps lower as the sun sets for the night. From chill summer evening concerts to some of the best (and air conditioned!) museums in the country, here are five awesome things to do in Scottsdale during the summer.
- Summer Concerts
Scottsdale summer nights come alive with free musical entertainment. Kick back and enjoy tunes from popular local bands at Desert Ridge Marketplace and performances at McCormick-Stillman’s “Rock and Roll at the Railroad Park” every Sunday evening.
- OdySea Aquarium
Cool off with over 6,000 aquatic animals at OdySea Aquarium Scottsdale. As the Southwest’s largest aquarium spanning over 200,000 square feet, this multi-level, state-of-the-art facility holds more than 2 million gallons of water and offers an educational, interactive and entertaining experience for guests of all ages by combining theme-park style amusement with highly engaging presentations of aquatic life.
- World-Class Museums
Scottsdale and the surrounding area offer some of the best variety of museums in the country, including:
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (SMoCA) in Old Town to view contemporary and modern art from both emerging and established artists from around the world.
- Western Spirit: Scottsdale’s Museum of the West offers historical and contemporary paintings and sculptures, plus authentic artifacts, from the 19 states that make up the great American West.
- Heard Museum to discover and learn about rich American Indian art and culture.
- Phoenix Art Museum is the Southwest’s largest art museum with an expansive collection ranging from the Renaissance to the present.
- Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) Dedicated to all things music, explore a wealth of musical instruments and performance videos from every country in the world.
- Shop ‘Til You Drop
At Scottsdale Fashion Square, the Southwest’s largest high-end shopping destination, shop and dine at more than 240 specialty stores and restaurants, such as Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Tiffany & Co. and Apple, along with a variety of food and beverage options, including Nobu, Ocean 44, Francine, and so much more.
- Scottsdale ArtWalk
Every Thursday evening, galleries in the Scottsdale Arts District stay open late to the public, continuing a 45-year tradition as the nation’s oldest art walk. Enjoy refreshments and live entertainment as you browse some of the finest art in the Southwest during this free weekly gathering.
All of these activities and more are easily accessible from any of our Scottsdale luxury rental homes at Parsons Villas. Discover the best of Scottsdale and your dream vacation home rental today here.